Greetings all from London!
Today we spent our first day in the beautiful vibrant city of London after arriving in England late last night.
We all awoke to a perfect London day, with a pleasant temperature of ten degrees coupled with bright blue skys.
After having breakfast we headed out to explore our surroundings.
Our hotel is located in the inner city suburb of Kensignton which is a very upmarket district, the Newfarm equivalent of Brisbane. Upon exploring the streets surrounding our hotel it was clear the residents of Kensignton were very house proud, all with well kept homes paired with expensive European cars parked within 10cm of each other due to the lack of parking space. After exploring the streets we decided to head to Hyde Park and Harrods (both within 20mins walking distance from our hotel)
Hyde Park was absolutely stunning, especially at 8am in the morning. The bright beaming blue skys provided a strong contrast against the dark luscious green grass and leafless trees that scattered the area. Regardless of the time and low temperatures people filled the park, many of them with their dogs, which ran freely without leads. This was an incredible site, exactly like the scenes out of the movies.
Moving on, Harrods Shopping Centre was pristine, boasting high quality architectural finishes throughout the interior and exterior of the building, and presenting a vast array of beautiful food and products. One particular section of Harrods that stood out to all of us was “The Pet Spa”, where people would bring their dogs for spa treatments, facials and even personalised sessions with specialised dog personal trainers to help your pup shed the extra kilos! We all wished Cosmo was with us as not only would he have loved to run freely in Hyde Park although he could have ended his morning with a refreshing facial and massage!
We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring London which was buzzing with police officers everywhere and heavy traffic congestion due to the union work protests.
It is now 5:45 pm and I’m already ready to go to bed as I am still jet lagged! However I am holding out from sleeping as our hotel is surrounded by many Italian Restaurants, one of which we will be having dinner at!
Hope you are all well!
Gabriel
PS Pictures will be coming soon :)
Hey Reggi Family
ReplyDeleteGreat to read your travel experiences ... already I can tell you're having a good time. My memories of London : not pretty but sophisticated and elegant, a bit like the royals! Make sure you say hello to the Prince William and his wife Kate ..
We're all doing really well here considering the heavy absence of Tess. She keeps in contact every night, yawning through the conversation not because I'm boring (!) but because of her all-day travels through LA. Did you see her photo on the set of Central Perk? Knowing how much she loves the Friends series, this I'm sure would have blown her away.
Anyway, getting back to us (less fortunate) back home, I just wanted to touch base and let you know how Cosmosis is going. I also want to tell you that I had decided to change his name to ALF and I did successfully call him ALF for a whole day until Karla suggested Nick wouldn't be happy :(
On his first night, he didn't want to sleep inside when the others dogs were all outside. So for the next two nights he barked at any little noise he heard. By the third night, he would curl up on this bed and we wouldn't hear from him until 5 am (#*#&#^#%#$) the next morning.
Boston was dropped off yesterday and I have to say, I didn't think it would work. I think Boston is in love with Cosmo, if you know what I mean; and Cosmo wasn't happy. However! today Cosmo changed his mind. He is know doing the chasing and teasing, waiting for Boston to chase and play. They are now the best of friends, and they are now, all three fast asleep. Cosmo is on Boston's bed, Boston is on Saffi's bed and Saffi is on Cosmo's bed (lol).
Be assured Cosmo is doing very well, eating his dinner, going for walks, getting lots of kisses and cuddles (from Boston) and the whole family. He's a good boy (I mean, dog) ...
He sends lots of doggy kisses, especially to Nick.
Enjoy the next few days ... we will keep in touch.
Zia Connie
ps How is Vincent? Is Bruno behaving himself? Is Carmel feeling the cold and is Gabriel missing Rebecca???
All our love xxx :-)